Fort Canoe Kayak Club
Ages 8-14 years, all abilities, and must be comfortable in water (PFDs worn near and on water).
Introduction to our sprint canoe and kayak program in a safe and enjoyable environment. This is the first step in the Long-Term Athlete Development Model. Paddlers spend time in a variety of boats and will be introduced to canoeing and kayaking skills including basic paddling skills, balance, and boat control, and water safety.
Participants will have a great time challenging their own abilities while developing coordination, body awareness, self-confidence, and team-work skills. Contact us if you aren't sure about your youth with special needs. We have larger, more stable boats available and may be able to accommodate them.
Depending on weather and river conditions, the location of the program may vary between:
- Paddlesport Dock at Bedford Channel in Fort Langley, Langley Township, BC (map)
- Salmon River Dock at Memorial Grove in Fort Langley, Langley Township, BC (map)
What to wear and bring?
- We provide a location where your belongings can be locked up while you're on the water
- Comfortable clothing suitable for paddling. You will get wet, so clothing that is easy to change out of and/or dries quickly is best
- Change of Clothes
- Light Jacket
- Bug Repellant
- Life jackets (PFDs) are supplied but feel free to bring your own.
Health and Safety
Health and safety are our top priority, so all programs are run following provincial guidelines and using Canoe Kayak BC and Canoe Kayak Canada policies. Our coaches are all NCCP Community Sport trained or higher and screened. Please review our safety information at Fort Canoe and Kayak Health and Safety Forms before you attend.
We look forward to seeing you on the water!
Participants will be sent an informational package including location and what to bring.
*by paying these fees, you become an affiliate member of FCKC