Fort Canoe Kayak Club
What is Paddle-All?
- Our Paddle-All promotes participation in canoe/kayak for autistic individuals ages 8-25 years.
- Although all abilities are welcome, participants must be comfortable being on water, have some swimming ability (but all will be wearing personal floatation devices) and will be in a boat by themselves, so be able to follow basic directions.
- You do NOT need to qualify for Special Olympics to sign up.
Where is Paddle-All?
Click here to find out Where We Paddle (fortcanoekayak.ca) in Fort Langley, BC
Possible benefits for participants?
- Participation in outdoor physical activity
- Independence of participating without a parent
- Activities meant to support self-esteem, fitness, and opportunities for social contact
What can families expect?
- A fun and meaningful experience
- One-on-one coaching with Canucks Autism Network trained coaches
- On and off water games and activities adapted to increase likelihood of participation and provide technical instruction
- Safety conscious environment
- Possibility of participation in further programs with our club
- Change of Clothes
- Light Jacket
- Bug Repellant
- Life jackets (PFDs) are supplied, but feel free to bring your own
You will get wet! Wear comfy clothing that is easy to change out of and/or dries quickly.
Belongings will be locked up while you're on the water, but please leave valuables at home.
Health and safety are our top priority, so all programs are run following provincial guidelines and using Canoe Kayak BC policies.
Before attending, please review our safety information at Fort Canoe and Kayak Health and Safety Forms
We look forward to seeing you on the water!
This project has been made possible in part by the Government of Canada.
Ce projet a ete rendu possible en partie grace au gouvernement du Canada.
*by paying these fees, you become an affiliate member of FCKC