Fort Canoe and Kayak Club
Board Members, Coaches, Officials, and Volunteers - Safe Sport and Screening
Coach, Board Member, Volunteer Application Form
Safe Sport and Screening
EVERYBODY (board members, coaches, officials, & volunteers):
1. Criminal Record Check: Every five years for 19 years or older.
- Submit through the CKBC website (free)
- Online code: MDMAXBCRKS
2. Complete a Safe Sport Course (you will get an NCCP code):
3. Get a reference letter related to your position *new people only*
4. Making Ethical Decisions Course:
5. Second letter of reference from a previous relevant sport-related employer.
**EVERBODY LAST STEP!
Go to CKC Screening System
Have copies ready to upload of:
- Reference letter to upload - one if new person, two if senior coach
- NCCP Code - this is given at completion of SafeSport course (for everyone) and Making Ethical Decisions course (for coaches)