The Moose Jaw Lacrosse Association policy regarding refunds is detailed forthwith. This policy is to be referenced in all cases where a player wishes to be refunded their registration fees from MJLAX.
- The principle behind our refund policy is to allow a reasonable amount of time following registration for players to withdraw, while safeguarding the financial stability of MJLAX.
- MJLAX commits to program expenditure based on registrations and these expenses are not recoverable to the program if / when a member withdraws.
- All refund requests must be made in writing or email to the MJLAX Board of Directors by the individual who paid the fee. Refunds are processed in the same manner as the initial registration. Please allow 2-4 weeks for refunds to be processed.
- An administrative fee of $25 will be charged on all approved refunds.
- The final amount of any refund is at MJLAX’s discretion or in special or extenuating circumstances at MJLAX’s President.
- MJLAX shall not be responsible for any monies paid directly to a team, team coach or team official and MJLAX shall not entertain requests for any such refunds.
- A paid registration fee shall be fully refunded in the event that MJLAX is unable to field a team. No administrative fee shall be withheld in this case.
- A paid registration fee shall be partially refunded (pro-rated) if a player must withdraw for medical reasons within the first two weeks of the active program. (must provide doctor’s note). The administrative fee shall be withheld in this case.
- A paid registration fee shall be partially refunded (pro-rated) if a player’s family is transferred to another city, province or country within the first two weeks of the active program (proof of transfer required). The administrative fee shall be withheld in this case.
- Once a player has attended workouts, practices or tryouts there will be no refunds at any point thereafter is a player or parent disagrees with the player’s coach, team or tier placement.
- There will be no refund of registration fees once a player is registered and the season has started.
- There will be no refund for a registration fee is a player is suspended or expelled under the CLA, SLA or SSLL discipline policy or code of conduct rules.
- There will be no refund if a player withdraws due to medical reasons or otherwise after the deadlines set out above with the exception of extenuating circumstances which must be presented and approved by the MJLAX’s Board.
- Active Season start days shall be as follows:
- House League - First week of practice
- Minor Field (Spring) - First week of practice
- Minor Box Rep - First week of practice
- Minor Field - First week of practice