Refund Policy (August 2020)
- non-refundable initial registration fee
- program registration fees
- Medical reasons - If you must withdraw due to medical issues, you must provide a doctor’s note to be considered for a refund. A $50 administration fee will be deducted.
- Program registration Fee refunds for players withdrawing for sports related medical reasons will be dealt with as follows:
- If the player sustained the medical injury during the course of play or as a result of their participation on behalf of an MRA team, and as a result is unable to continue play for the remainder of the season, the MRA will provide a program registration fee refund of the applicable session registration fee , according to the chart below.
- Injury sustained before 25% of the session has been completed - 75% of of the session Registration Fees will be refunded (less the Administration fee).
- Injury sustained after the program begins, but before 75% of the session has been completed - session Registration Fees will be prorated and refunded (less the Administration fee).
- Injury sustained after 75% of the session has been completed - No session Registration Fee will be refunded.
- If the player sustained the medical injury outside of their participation on behalf of an MRA team, the MRA may provide a Registration Fee refund on a case by case basis.
- Please provide a written request with rationale to the MRA Executive Committee for consideration.
- Due to the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19, there is the potential that Peel Public Health, the City of Mississauga and/or Ringette Ontario may require that we cancel the program.
- if the City of Mississauga issues a refund to the MRA for ice costs, every effort will be made to refund participants the net savings on the program.
- before the program begins - 100% of the session fee will be refunded
- after program begins but before 75% of the session has been completed - the program registration fee will be prorated
- after 75% of program has been completed - no session registration fee will be refunded
- If the City of Mississauga does not issue a refund to the MRA, then no refund will be issued.
- If a player decides to withdraw:
- before the program begins - refund 100% less $50 administration fee
- If a player withdraws for any reason before 50% of the program has been completed, 50% of the program Fee will be refunded, less a $50.00 administration fee
- If a player withdraws for any reason after 50% of the program has been completed, no refund will be issued.
Important information for 18+ players and those who live outside of Peel Region, but MRA is their home and closest association.
Ringette Ontario requires that players register with their local association. This is to prevent the risk of transmitting COVID-19 between Public Health Units. It also ensures that players and associations are prepared in case the local public health units place restrictions on players who live outside the health unit. There is a concern that if a region must move back a stage due to an outbreak that amateur sports, and ringette in particular, may be perceived as part of the reason for the transmission.
If you reside outside Peel Region, there is a possibility that If the region where you live is moved back a stage, (ie it is at a lower stage of recovery than Peel Region), there is the potential that Peel Health may not allow you to play ringette in Peel Region. This is a risk that you assume by registering for a program within the MRA. If you are prevented from attending a program for this reason, you may be considered for a refund under item 4 above.
If the situation arises where Peel Region is moved back a stage (i.e. the region where you live is at a higher stage of recovery than Peel Region), attending events in Peel Region may increase your risk of contracting COVID-19. If you chose to attend events in Peel region, it would be at your own risk. You would assume all responsibility for your health. If you choose not to attend the program because of an outbreak in Peel, you may be considered for a refund under item 4 above.