Overview The following outlines the SMBA Refund Policy for registration cancellations/program withdrawal. The policy is intended to fairly deal with extenuating circumstances, while at the same time underscore the need for the commitment to the game and in particular to teammates once the season begins. In order to withdraw a player from the program and request a refund, the parent/guardian of the player (hereafter referred to as the player) must submit a letter (along with any supporting documentation) to SMBA stating the reason for the request. Letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for Refunds:
Prior to the Start of Team Selections:
- A request for refund received prior to the beginning of the team selection process will be subject to a full refund, less a $50 cancellation fee retained to cover the registration/administration costs.
- A request for refund received after the beginning of the team selection process and prior to team roster submission will be subject to a 50% refund of registration fees.
- A request for refund received after the team roster has been submitted to Baseball Alberta/Softball Alberta will NOT be eligible for a refund unless the request falls into any of the below described scenarios.
- The player’s family is required to move to another town or city (the new residence of the player must be outside of the registration boundary).
- The player is not cleared to participate due to medical reasons and must be accompanied by a signed doctor’s certificate. This request for refund will be subject to a 50% refund of the registration fees.
- A full refund will ONLY be provided in the following scenarios.
- There are not enough registered players to create a team for the age group that the player has registered for.
- The player is not selected to a team in their age division and there are not enough kids to create another team (Example: the player try’s out for the AA team and is not selected to the team and there is not a second AA or A team available for them to play on).
*** Any requests for refunds that are not described in the above scenarios will be evaluated by the SMBA board and dealt with on a case-by-case basis ***