All refund requests must be submitted in writing (email is acceptable) to the SBAAABL Registrar or SBAAABL Treasurer at a minimum of one week prior to the commencement of tryouts. E-mail addresses are available on the website.
- The player’s name and reason for withdrawal must be clearly stated. Also include the person’s name to which payment should be issued, and the mailing address (complete with postal code), or an email address for e-transfer.
- Refunds for tryout fees will be processed for any given reason when the request is received up to and including March 1st.
- Refunds will be processed for reason of injury, when the request is received in writing, accompanied by a doctor’s note, up to five days prior to the start of tryouts. If the injury occurs within five days of the start of tryouts, the SBAAABL Registrar must be notified within 24 hours of the injury, or as soon as reasonably possible under the circumstances.
- If an injured player withdraws from the tryout process, but receives a concession from SBAAABL and is eligible to be drafted, there will not be a refund of the tryout fee.
- Requests for refunds after March 1st, but prior to the start of tryouts, for any reason other than injury, including family emergency or death in the family, are subject to Executive approval.
- Requests that require Executive approval will be presented at the next available Executive meeting and voted on by the Executive.
- Refund payments will be mailed within two weeks of receipt of request and/or Executive approval (if required).
Regular Season Fees Refunds
- Full refunds will be granted up to the start of the regular season.
- Refunds granted after the start of the season and up to May 15th due to injury, or other extenuating circumstance where they are unable to play for the season will only receive ½ of the registration fee. The player’s insurance fee will also be deducted from the refund.
- Requests after the start of the season will only be considered when received in writing and when accompanied with a doctor’s certificate or due to a family emergency.
- There will be no registration fee refunds considered after May 15th of any current playing season.