Our publicly posted policy is that there are no refunds however we do grant exceptions in the following cases.
If the same person is registered and paid for twice we will refund the second registration in full when notified of the error.
If someone notifies us that they ended up in hospital or with some other medical condition that prevents them from paddling AND they have not yet been given the door code we will provide them the following options
- Defer their membership until next year
- In this case we will cancel their membership for the current year. In the spring we will send them a discount code that will allow the to skip the payment step when registering for the upcoming year.
- Refund less a $15 admin fee
- Wait until the end of the summer to see if they heal before picking option 1 or 2.
Requests based on family emergencies will be reviewed by the executive on a case by case basis. In general if the member is still physically able to paddle we will not issue a refund.
Refunds will not be granted in the following cases
- The weather was bad all summer
- The member was out of town for work or vacation
- The member was too busy/forgot to go paddling
- The member broke up with their planned paddling partner